Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Wyndham Students - March 6, 2013

March 6, 2013

It was a great day at the Watercolor Art Class at Wyndham, Pagosa Springs, Colorado.

When I staredt the day, I only knew the number I will have. I never know if I've taught them before, met them somewhere or if they are there for the first time.

Carole, the mother,  had been to the class two years before and she brought her daughters. It was fun interacting among their family. There was a tenderness among, especially between the two grown sisters.

Jeanine had a natural artist touch. From the beginning, I could see her painting transform before my eyes. Several times, I told her, "You could quit now, it could be finished at this point. Proceed very carefully. Make every stroke count." She kept working. She seemed to move with a real knowing in what she was doing. It's that creative knowing that I talk about.

She had only taken art classes in high school. Her painting turned out absolutely beautiful. At the end, I noticed the brush in her left hand, and I said, "Of course, you are creative. left-handed people have that right side creative mind-set. I encouraged Jeanine to go home and paint. I hope she does.



Her sister, Denisa, struggled with her painting. It's hard to walk out of your world and enter into the world of art. It's a different language. You are asked to mix colors and play. You would think that is easy. It isn't that easy for those who operate in the business world.

In the purple is Carole. She is one of the sweetest ladies I have meet. Her daughters talked so highly about her. This was a beautiful family that came my way for a few hours and we talked art and things of the heart.

As I understand, they took a hot air balloon ride and have enjoyed our beautiful mountains. Thank you for passing through my life.

I'm the blessed one.



No comments:

Post a Comment