Tuesday, May 14, 2013

High Mesa - Full Circle



To my artist friends. Take courage, what you do today will speak one day.

This painting was a part of a series I painted for the Classic Ramada in Albuquerque in the '80s. The hotel wanted paintings with texture in southwest motif. I used tiles to give texture. The tiles represent the houses at the base of the mountain.

This is called "High Mesa". I painted probably 30 paintings to hang throughout their hotel. This is one that wasn't bought, along with a companion piece. The pieces are 30X40. These two pieces ended up in Clovis, New Mexico.

This the the answer for why we paint. This painting has come full circle. It spoke today.

From a Friend:

I am sitting in Moms living room this morning enjoying the company of my Parents during one of our early morning talks.

The Sun is beginning to find its way through the cracks of the shades on the front window and shine on a piece of art.

Following the Sun's rays, I look at the painting and smile because I recognize the hand that created it. It is the same hand that everything in 6 days. It is the hand of the Spirt of God.

At that moment, I am moved, because I realize that I have once again Found The Spirit of God.

A gift from God can not be measured by dollars. It can only be measured by impact.

Well Done!

My prayers have been answered. I now know what needs to be done. I will talk to next week and show what the answer was 

No comments:

Post a Comment