Thursday, January 24, 2013

Wyndham Students - January 23, 2013

We come and go through each other's lives and sometimes we miss each other. But, when we are attentive to those around us, we know there is something special we need to pay attention to. Our own lives change because we have met. Paul Frey was that kind of guy. Paul is a snowboarder, but took to watercolor as if he was riding the slopes on his snowboard. He's here in Pagosa for another week, I'm looking forward to another class with him.

I kidded Paul. He had a beautiful "sweet" soft touch. What do you think?


Next to him, was Meg Jackson. She was my given-to-detail student. She was determined to make the leaves, and I said, wait, until you see the rest of the painting. Did she want to wait? No. But she did. Her painting was beautiful. I Don't know if she believed me.



Then we had Jerry and Lydia Winsimuis from Northern New Mexico. They're a special couple. They have lived around the arts for years, they had a savvy for the arts, and a desire to paint. Hopefully this class encouraged them to go home and create their own art.

Thank you students for making my day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment